2023 SkS Weekly Climate Change & Global Warming News Roundup #20
Posted on 21 May 2023 by BaerbelW
A chronological listing of news and opinion articles posted on the Skeptical Science Facebook Page during the past week: Sun, May 7, 2023 thru Sat, May 13, 2023.
This week, several shared articles did quite well on our Facebook page: 10 year anniversary of 97% consensus study, Solving Climate Change – A guide for learners and leaders, At a glance – The 97% consensus on global warming, Meteorologists targeted in climate misinfo surge, and The challenges and promises of climate lawsuits.
Links posted on Facebook
- Meteorologists targeted in climate misinfo surge by Various, Phys Org, May 13 2023
- The challenges and promises of climate lawsuits by Katrina Zimmer, Knowable Magazine, May 13, 2023
- Climate crisis deniers target scientists for vicious abuse on Musk’s Twitter by Anna Fazackerley, The Observer, May 14, 2023
- 10 year anniversary of 97% consensus study by John Cook & Bärbel Winkler, Skeptical Science, May 15, 2023
- Solving Climate Change – A guide for learners and leaders by Jonathan Koomey and Ian Monroe, IOP Publishing, Dec 2022
- At a glance – The 97% consensus on global warming by John Mason, Skeptical Science, May 16, 2023
- European State of the Climate 2022 by European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) on behalf of the European Commission., Copernicus, Spring 2023
- Montana Is Paying a Climate Denier to Give Expert Testimony in Upcoming Trial by Dana Drugmand, DeSmog, May 15, 2023
- Finland’s ‘visionary’ fight against disinformation teaches citizens to question what they see online by Yvonne Lau, National Observer, May 16, 2023
- How Big Oil is manipulating the way you think about climate change by Kathleen Dean Moore, Salon, May 13, 2023
- Most teachers support teaching students about climate change, survey finds by YCC Team, Yale Climate Connections, May 18, 2023
- Skeptical Science New Research for Week #20 2023 by Doug Bostrom & Marc Kodack, Skeptical Science, May 18, 2023
- If swing voters were terrified of the climate crisis, ministers would take it seriously by Gaby Hinsliff, Guardian, May 19, 2023
- https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/19/fossil-fuel-firms-owe-climate-reparations-of-281bn-a-year-says-study by Nina Lakhani, Guardian, May 19th 2023
If you happen upon high quality climate-science and/or climate-myth busting articles from reliable sources while surfing the web, please feel free to submit them via this Google form for possible inclusion on our Facebook page. Thanks!