We’re in a world now where AI can draw us masterpieces in seconds, write our articles (clearly not this one) and do our work for us but how about creating something special like some AI cocktails inspired by movies, or the Oscars in particular. We explore this virtual cocktail creation with the help of some artificial intelligence.
If there is one thing we can all agree upon, it’s that 2023 is a rather thrilling time to be alive! Technology is developing at a rapid clip, and while it might be a bit of an acquired taste, AI platforms like ChatGPT have been taking the creative world by storm. This includes the very tasty world of food and drinks, FYI.
Having been elbow-deep in AI chats of late, the cocktail-minded team at The Mixer recently turned to this captivating new source to see what it would whip up when coaxed with cocktail prompts. After all, if ChatGPT can pass parts of the US medical licensing exam, it should surely be able to dream up a mixed drink? Spoiler alert – it can and it did! It even provided the recipe to make each drink.
Leaning into another hot topic that’s on everyone’s lips at the minute, our mixologists went with the 2023 Academy Awards as inspo and challenged ChatGPT to dream up Oscar-inspired cocktails. Next up, these brand-new cocktails were then illustrated using the skills of AI drawing platform Dall-E.
One of these days artificial intelligence will be doing everyone’s work for them whilst we’re out there living our lives, I look forward to that day but until then lets dive into some cocktails shall we?
Inspired by: Avatar: The Way of Water
According to ChatGPT, “The drink could be made with blue curaçao to represent the blue color of Pandora’s indigenous species, the Navi. To add a little bit of green, a splash of crème de menthe could be added to represent the floating mountains and the lush forest of Pandora, and a splash of pineapple juice or a pineapple garnish could be added. Finally, to symbolize the glowing bioluminescence of the forest, a small amount of tonic water or a splash of glow-in-the-dark syrup could be added.”
Universe in a Glass
Inspired by: Everything Everywhere All at Once
FUN FACT: Because ChatGPT’s knowledge is currently still limited to 2021 data, it was not aware that Everything Everywhere All at Once is a movie, and didn’t have any information at its disposal to work with. However, it still put in a valiant effort!
“A cocktail that could represent this idea might be called the “Universe in a Glass.” It could be made with a combination of different flavors and ingredients that represent different places and cultures,” ventured ChatGPT.
The Universe in a Glass cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of a neutral spirit (like vodka or gin) to represent the universality of the experience
- 1 oz of a tropical fruit juice (like pineapple or mango) to represent the warmth and exoticism of different cultures
- 1/2 oz of a liqueur (like Cointreau or Campari) to represent the diversity and complexity of different flavors
- 1/4 oz of a spicy syrup (like ginger or habanero) to represent the excitement and energy of new experiences
- A dash of a bitter liqueur (like Aperol) to represent the bittersweetness of life
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a fruit slice, or an herb sprig.
The Warrior Queen
Inspired by: Michelle Yeoh, nominated as Best Actress for her role in Everything Everywhere All at Once
ChatGPT weighed in with, “A cocktail I would create for Michelle Yeoh would be called ‘The Warrior Queen’ as it pays homage to her roles in films like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Memoirs of a Geisha where she played strong, powerful, and independent women.”
The Warrior Queen cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of Jasmine tea-infused gin (representing the Asian heritage)
- 1 oz of lychee juice (representing the exotic and sweet side)
- 1/2 oz of yuzu juice (representing the tangy and refreshing side)
- 1/4 oz of honey syrup (representing the balance and the sweetness)
- A dash of absinthe (representing the mysterious and complex)
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a lychee fruit or a yuzu wheel.
Inspired by: Cate Blanchett, nominated as Best Actress for her role in TÁR
According to ChatGPT, “A cocktail I would create for Cate Blanchett would be called “The Chameleon’. This cocktail would be a nod to her diverse and versatile performances in films such as Elizabeth and I’m Not There, where she played a wide range of characters and roles.”
The Chameleon cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of gin (representing her ability to adapt and change)
- 1 oz of elderflower liqueur (representing her elegance and refinement)
- 1/2 oz of lemon juice (representing her sharp and acidic wit)
- 1/4 oz of honey syrup (representing her subtle sweetness)
- A splash of sparkling wine (representing her bubbly and effervescent energy)
Shake all ingredients except sparkling wine with ice and strain into a chilled glass, top it with sparkling wine. Garnish with a lemon twist or an edible flower.
Inspired by: Collin Farrell, nominated as Best Actor for his role in The Banshees of Inisherin
“A cocktail I would create for Colin Farrell would be called “The Maverick.” This cocktail would be a nod to his performances in films such as “In Bruges” and “The Lobster” where he plays a wide range of characters, often with a rough exterior but with a hint of vulnerability,” the AI platform recommended.
The Maverick cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of Irish whiskey (representing his Irish heritage)
- 1 oz of coffee liqueur (representing his rough and edgy side)
- 1/2 oz of chocolate liqueur (representing his softer and sweeter side)
- 1/4 oz of maple syrup (representing his complex and nuanced flavors)
- A dash of bitters (representing his bittersweet performances)
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with chocolate shavings or a cherry.
For more drinkspiration, please visit https://www.themixer.com/en-uk/.