Melbourne can expect a warm and humid Tuesday with the chance of a shower or thunderstorm for Melbourne Cup Day.
Senior Meteorologist Dean Narramore said the Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a 70 per cent chance of rain for Melbourne tomorrow.
“The forecast is for a warm and partly cloudy day with a high chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening, and there is a chance of a thunderstorm,” he said.
“Those heading to Flemington Racecourse should prepare for windy conditions with winds forecast to be north to northeasterly at a speed of 20 to 30 km/h, tending north-easterly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.
“It will be relatively warm and humid day with a minimum temperature of 16C and a maximum of 29C.”
Overall, for Victoria, it will be warm to hot and partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorm activity across all but the far west of the state, mainly during the afternoon and evening.
Storm activity may be severe over parts of central and eastern Victoria with the risk of large hail and damaging winds.
Across other parts of Australia:
- Sydney – partly cloudy with a maximum temperature of 25C
- Canberra – possible shower with a top of 25C
- Brisbane – partly cloudy with a maximum of 25C
- Perth – mostly sunny a top of 26C
- Adelaide – sunny with a maximum of 28C
- Hobart – partly cloudy with a max of 21C
- Darwin – possible shower or storm with a maximum of 34C
For further information see the Bureau’s severe weather update video.
For the latest forecasts and warnings go to our website www.bom.gov.au or the BOM Weather app.